Kottke has given up his day job to blog full-time, it’s been known for some time that Daily Kos makes THOUSANDS of dollars (tens of thousands from memory, but I’m unable to locate the article stating that at the moment) from the ads on his site, and NOW there’s news that local Melbourne blogger, Darren Rowse expects to be making a six-figure sum from his blogs this year. Good on him, I say…
If he can do it, why can’t we all…???
Perhaps there’s a way of making the big bucks blogging without cutting all ties from the traditional work environment. Maybe I should apply for the position of Vice President, CMT Dukes of Hazzard Institute..
The CMT website lists the responsiblities of such a position:
- watch The Dukes of Hazzard every weeknight on CMT;
- know the words to The Dukes of Hazzard theme song, “Good Ol’ Boys,” written and performed on the series by the legendary Waylon Jennings;
- serve as media expert on The Dukes of Hazzard for the CMT Dukes of Hazzard Institute: must be available for TV, radio and newspaper interviews to share passion for The Dukes of Hazzard on CMT;
- write the CMT Dukes of Hazzard Institute online blog for cmt.com;
- be passionate about The Dukes of Hazzard on CMT;
- make appearances at special events such as Dukesfest 2005 in Bristol, Tenn., (June 4-5, 2005).
Worth considering… perhaps?