TOP PRIORITY FOR IMMEDIATE BROADCAST
VICTORIAN SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING
for damaging winds
For people in the Western, Central, Wimmera, North Central, Northeast, Alpine,
Northern Country districts and Gippsland.
Issued at 5:30 pm EDT on Thursday 26 January 2006
Thunderstorms have developed in the Western, Central, Wimmera, North Central,
Northeast, Alpine, Gippsland and Northern Country districts. Wind gusts to 110
km/hr are possible with these thunderstorms.
In the interests of community safety the SES suggests some simple precautions:
– Secure any loose objects in the vicinity of your home, then:
– Stay indoors if possible
– If you are outdoors, avoid sheltering under trees
– Listen to the radio station for the storm updates
– Switch off computers and electrical appliances
– Do not drive vehicles through flooded areas
The next warning is due to be issued by 8.30pm Thursday
Fingers crossed it passes quickly.
Update: It’s not looking good…