Tonight I began the process of constructing my sofobomo book using Scribus.
Some time ago, I changed my sofobomo profile to reflect my new topic, Madrid (though I didn’t change the image on the profile… still shows Melbourne i.e. the topic I originally intended for sofobomo).
In my week and a half in Madrid, I managed to capture close to 1,400 images, equating to almost 12GB of photos. I’ve spent some time since my return sorting through them all and have about 400 I’d like to include in a book of my travels, but even that is a bit too many for this exercise, unless I opt for 4 volumes.
So, I’m now going to cull it down to about 80 images and have until the 23rd of this month to put them into the book, whose layout I designed tonight. I’m very happy with how things are looking and coming along… only unhappy that I’ll have to cull so many images to get the PDF down to a manageable, i.e. downloadable, size.